We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer responsible for documentation, design, code development, and software verification. Emphasis will be placed on implementing a structured development process to meet DO-178C and MISRA-C guidelines.
- Develop planning documents and write software code for embedded micro-controllers
- Interpret and apply RTCA/DO-178C, and MISRA-C guidelines to complex software products
- Direct testing and debugging of software by ensuring debugging tools and code meet the coding standards that satisfy all requirements
- Develop software testing cases and procedures
- Make recommendations for hardware selection and changes
- Support the manufacturing processes associated with embedded control systems
- Project management activities
- Development of safety-critical avionics software
- Active involvement in many areas of the software development process including analysis, design and code development, testing & debugging, hardware/software integration, code validation & testing, and real time system design.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineer or equivalent
- Solid track-record of developing embedded software preferably in the areas of motion-control
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience preferably in an aerospace, military or medical device environment
- High proficiency with the C programming language
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid experience with Microchip products (dsPIC and PIC32) and TI TMS320F series
- Experience with CAN bus standards and SAE J1939
- Power electronics software experience in BLDC motor control, FOC, SVM, and control systems
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident as defined by ITAR regulations
- Please email your resume to email@example.com or submit your resume through the form below.
We offer the ideal candidate the opportunity to be part of a progressive organization along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested parties please email resume.